Newbie Introduction (was Re: arrays and foreach)

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 11:21:47 PDT 2012

On 04/19/2012 10:02 AM, SomeDude wrote:
 > On Wednesday, 18 April 2012 at 19:43:50 UTC, Paul D. Anderson wrote:
 >> SomeDude: Your outline and especially your emphasis on what a rank
 >> beginner needs to know is very good.
 >>
 >> Would you consider writing it up yourself? Not the whole thing, maybe
 >> but the beginner info and the compiler/linker appendices. You have a
 >> commendable prose style.
 >>
 >> There are tutorials available already, but too many is way better than
 >> too few.
 >>
 >> Paul
 >>

 > Thanks. I wouldn't mind having a stab at it, but:
 > 1. it is Ali's book, not mine, so we would need Ali's agreement. If he
 > offers me to contribute, why not,

I will improve the beginning of the book with your ideas. (I don't have
free time yet; maybe by the end of next week.) I would also like to
thank you if you would please e-mail me your full name at
acehreli at yahoo.com.

I think it would be even better if you add a newbie section (or improve
the existing ones as you graciously have been doing) on the wiki site,
or some other site. I would be happy to link to that section from the
book. (I have a feeling Paul D. Anderson meant that you wrote a separate
document anyway.)

 > 2. I'm myself a D beginner, so you would probably need to proof read and
 > correct me afterwards.

Gladly, as much as I know myself. :)

Ali