ctRegex - named submatch

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:51:24 PDT 2012

On 08-Aug-12 00:24, Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried using named submatch for ctRegex... it works but seemingly only
> for maximum 1 named submatch...

Great! I never tried ;) Should just work though...

> OK (\w changed to \S to avoid, out of memory)
> `(?P<var>\S+)\s*=\s*(\d+);`
> `(?\S+)\s*=\s*(?P<value>\d+);`
>
> NOT OK
> `(?P<var>\w+)\s*=\s*(?P<value>\d+);`

Would be great to know what exactly is not OK :) Error message etc.

> Is this a known bug? I used the regex example from the Library
> Reference, converting it to ctRegex...

I know it's hitting assert failure during parse. It's a CTFE bug, there
are some other limitations but they are not in bugzilla yet.

That all being said experimental tag on ctRegex in DDoc is here for a
reason, and that is: ctRegex can't compile nor match full regex testsuite.
(out of memory + bugs)

--
Dmitry Olshansky