float[] → Vertex[] – decreases performance by 1000%

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Aug 28 14:46:30 PDT 2012

David:

> I generally tend to ignore dmd bugs and just workaround them, I
> don't have the time to track down every stuipid bug from a ~8k
> codebase.

I understand you don't care much anymore for the discussed
problem, and I know that localizing D/DMD bugs requires some time
and work.

But I'd like you to not ignore all the bugs you find, and instead
minimize some of them and submit them to Bugzilla. Despite
thousands of open bugs and about a hundred of open patches, many
bugs do get fixed at every release. If you submit bugs, D/DMD
will improve, in your future you will find less bugs to work
around in your D code, and you will help other present and future
D programmers avoid hitting them. This is important because D is
young and its community is small. The idea is: they give you a
compiler/language for free, and you give something back to the
community submitting some bugs :-)

Bye and thank you,
bearophile