Hide console of gui program coded by gtkD

December Flower boladore at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 06:30:34 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 13:42:12 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 13:34:51 UTC, December Flower
> wrote:
>> I have a question about how to hide a console window.
>
> Make a .def file and include it on your dmd command line.
>
> The file only needs these two lines:
>
> EXETYPE NT
> SUBSYSTEM WINDOWS
>

> Call it foo.def, recompile with it on the dmd command line, and
> you should be in business.

Thanks. That should do the trick.

Anyway, I have another question.
The first programming language I learnt is C#. As you know, VS
does all the irksome things to be considered. Apprently not
knowing C language, there're a lot of trivial things(Actually not
trivial) like this that is not about programming logic but about
language minor specification(Actually not minor).

Not trivial, important, not minor, major. Anyway, what I'm trying
to say is that is there any good start points to make experiences
with D language to build a real-world application using GUI? I
finished studying "Programming in D" by Ali Çehreli and that was
quite good. But not for me.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. Have a nice day :)