Hide console of gui program coded by gtkD

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 11:07:06 PST 2012

On 12/10/2012 06:30 AM, December Flower wrote:

 > Anyway, what I'm trying to say
 > is that is there any good start points to make experiences with D
 > language to build a real-world application using GUI?

I think D is in need of documentation of that sort. Books like "D for
FooLang programmers" would be very interesting.

 > I finished
 > studying "Programming in D" by Ali Çehreli and that was quite good. But
 > not for me.

I am very happy that you've read it. :)

As has been discussed on these forums before, that book has been an
interesting exercise in teaching programming. In the end, the book may
end up requiring too much patience from the reader though: It is very
strict on the principle that no D feature should be used before being
explained in the book itself.

That decision necessarily pushed many useful D idioms to the end of the
book. (But to be fair, the book pre-dates some of the cool features of D
like ranges, parallelism and concurrency, UFCS, the shorthand lambda
syntax, the new operator overloading syntax, etc.)

So yes, there must be lots of articles and books that concentrate on
practical D programming.

Ali