const property don't wont return const reference to value

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 23 07:05:15 PST 2012

On Sunday, 23 December 2012 at 14:55:30 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Namespace:
>
>> Shouldn't we fix this? Most of the Newcomer are confused with
>> the fact,
>
> Take a look in bugzilla. I opened an enhancement request to fix
> this situation, but Walter has closed it down. The rationale is
> to keep uniform the way D manages tags like const, immutable,
> etc.
>
> I don't agree with him in this case: I agree that uniformity is
> good, but breaking symmetry is acceptable when it just produces
> an error and when it helps avoid a common mistake.
>
> If you have strong desires about fixing this, then I suggest
> you to open a new thread about it in the main D newsgroup. I
> have already fought this battle and I lost. (And I think this
> time Jonathan was on my side).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I have to write "const (ReturnType)"  and "ref ReturnType" ...
very symetric. But I think that Walter thinks that this is the
best idea, and of course better than that what C++ and other
languages do​​. So what should I waste my time with "war" with my
limited english knowledge ? ;)
But thank you, that you tried it.

Maybe this is something for Romulus... :)