D, Derelict2, and OpenGL

Chris Pons cmpons at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:20:45 PST 2012

Hey David and Vijay,

Thank you for the swift replies. It seems like this foray into D
and OpenGL could be a bit overwhelming considering I would be
learning D and SDL/OpenGL at the same time. So because of this,
i'm going to make sure I have a solid base in D to start with.

I am an Intermediate level C++ programmer, and I have used
SDL/SFML/DirectX so the majority so far in the D programming book
is very familiar.

I however, do have a newbie Derelict2/OpenGL question. I have a
basic program that simply spawns a window using SDL which I found
from one of the SDL/OpenGL tuts on the derelict website.

In order to use DerelictGL and DerelictSDL do I simply need to
import derelict.opengl.gl and import derelict.sdl.sdl and then
initialize the modules by typing DerelictSDL.load() ,
DerelictGL.load()?

After this am I free to use SDL/OpenGL functions, like
SDL_Init(...), SDL_Quit(); etc?