Linking with d3d11.dll/lib

James Miller james at aatch.net
Thu Feb 23 19:14:57 PST 2012

On 24 February 2012 12:03, John Burton <john.burton at jbmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use the d3d11 bindings in
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/DirectX to call
> direct3d11 functions from my D program.
>
> I've managed to get the code to compiler but when it links I get
> this error -
>
> Error 42 Symbol Undefined _D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain at 48
>
> I have copied the D3D11.lib from the D3D SDK into my project and
> then run "COFFIMPLIB d3d11.lib -f" to convert it and included the
> library in my project settings.
>
> Is there something else I need to do to make this link? Any help
> appreciated.

>From another thread:

Adam D. Ruppe:
>> On Wednesday, 22 February 2012 at 17:02:01 UTC, miazo wrote:
>> Error 42: Symbol Undefined _mysql_init at 4
>> libmysql.dll with implib utility.
>
> I think the /s switch is needed on that one when doing the
> mysql libraries on implib.
>
> /s changes what's done with the _ in the front. I've done this
> before but don't remember exactly what I did though.

The documentation for the mars implib is here:
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/implib.html and has this:

/s[ystem]	- Prepend '_' to exported internal names. Used to create
import library from Windows NT system DLLs (for example,
kernel32.dll). Note that this switch is not available via the ID

I hope that helps, I don't actually do any windows programming so I
can't test this at all

--
James Miller