Linking with d3d11.dll/lib

Sean Cavanaugh WorksOnMyMachine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:26:26 PST 2012

On 2/23/2012 5:03 PM, John Burton wrote:
> I'm trying to use the d3d11 bindings in
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/DirectX to call
> direct3d11 functions from my D program.
>
> I've managed to get the code to compiler but when it links I get
> this error -
>
> Error 42 Symbol Undefined _D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain at 48
>
> I have copied the D3D11.lib from the D3D SDK into my project and
> then run "COFFIMPLIB d3d11.lib -f" to convert it and included the
> library in my project settings.
>
> Is there something else I need to do to make this link? Any help
> appreciated.

Its been quite a while since I've had time to work on my side project
(which is what prompted the d3d11 module to get written).

I can look into this later when I get home, as well as strip down my
test app and publish it somewhere.

The app is pretty simple - it creates a window, a d3d11 device, a vertex
and pixel shader, a vertex and index buffer, and draws a triangle.

It would be more but I had been working on a stripped down version of
the an ATL/WTL like wrapper for D in the meantime, in order to handle
HWND objects and generate message maps with mixins.