Error: 'this' is only defined in non-static member functions, not parse

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 17 10:32:52 PST 2012

On 01/17/2012 07:13 PM, Matej Nanut wrote:
> On 17 January 2012 19:07, H. S. Teoh<hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx>  wrote:
>> Andrei's book ("The D Programming Language") is quite thorough in
>> explaining these D constructs. It's a highly recommended buy if you're
>> doing serious work in D.

>> --
>> The two rules of success: 1. Don't tell everything you know. -- YHL
>
> I've been thinking on getting that for a while now. How up to date is it?

I think it is mostly in a good state. There are a few errata and some
unmentioned features because D is/was somewhat of a moving/improving
target. On the other hand, many recent bug fixes were targeted at making
the implementation consistent with the specification in TDPL.

> Or does it explain such general concepts that I shouldn't be worried
> about that at all?

I don't think you need to be worried, just be prepared that a few code
samples may not compile without minimal fixes.

> Everyone seems to be recommending it so I don't see
> why I shouldn't get it. A free university period is also coming up, so that
> might be a great way to spend my available time.

Indeed. When I read it, I have found my time well spent. It is very well
written.