Error: null dereference in function _Dmain

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 12:45:16 PDT 2012

 > By the way, it's pointless to compile with both -w and -wi. -wi makes
it so
 > that warnings are displayed without stopping compilation. -w makes it
so that
 > warnings are displayed and treated as errors (so they stop
compilation). Pick
 > one or the other. I don't know which the compiler picks if you give
it both,
 > but it's going to have to pick one or the other, and it may not pick
the one
 > that you want.

Then why is the documentation so misleading:

-w enable warnings

-wi enable informational warnings (i.e. compilation still proceeds normally)

   http://dlang.org/dmd-linux.html

Me not know English good, but -wi sounds very much different from -w. :-T

Further, both -w and -wi link to the following page, which does not
mention -wi at all:

   http://dlang.org/warnings.html

Sorry for whining... :(

Ali