LDC -noruntime

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:53:10 PDT 2012

I've been trying to write an OS kernel in D, and I'm having
issues with the runtime. I'm trying to use LDC's -noruntime
option, which is _supposed_ to prevent any runtime calls from
being generated, but the linker keeps complaining about
unresolved references to _d_assert_msg and other runtime
functions. It seems that LDC is ignoring the switch and is
generating runtime references anyway. Is there some other way to
force it to stop trying to pull in the runtime? I'd rather not
have to create/link a custom runtime at this point; I don't even
have a memory allocator written, so I really don't want to mess
with a runtime yet.