ufcs and integer params

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Jul 18 05:54:39 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 18 July 2012 at 12:30:46 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> 2) -property doesn't even get that right anyway. Not kidding,
> try it. -property might as well be renamed -break-my-code-and-
> give-me-ABSOLUTELY-NOTHING-in-return.
>
> Why, why would we ever consent to having that standard?

I actually tend to agree with this part – I see -property more
like an experiment help determining the behavior we want to make
the default with real-world testing. We should definitely try to
fix/improve the implementation of -property before we consider to
make it the default. But without it, the discussion might have
never gotten to the point where we are now, so I still consider
it a success.

David