Small code review

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jun 20 10:45:20 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 18:59:08 mist wrote:
> Could you add more details here?
> What is current official position? Updating typelist.d and
> merging with typetuple.d? Keeping current one and rewriting some
> algorithms from typelist to work with current TypeTuple?
> My point is exactly that it is not that much important how such
> library looks like, but it is only good if included in std lib.
> Too minor to keep as separate library, too generic to copy-paste
> needed in every project required. It is best to just "have it
> here" when you notice that some neat tuple trick can beautify
> this minor part of your code.
>
> I'd gladly to do any stuff that needs to be done to include this
> functionality in Phobos. What are my best options?

std.typelist is basically just forgotten cruft sitting in Phobos. It wasn't
fully integrated, and I don't know how complete it really is. The file is
sitting there, but that's about it. I think that we'd all forgotten about its
existence until someone noticed it and brought it up in the Phobos newsgroup
the other day. It's a cool idea, but it would probably need to be discussed in
the main newsgroup before we did anything with it. It's one of those things
that was done earlier in D's development when Phobos' situation was less
organized.

As for your options for submitting stuff to Phobos (in general, not necessarily
specific to this issue), if it's small stuff, then you can simply create pull
requests on github ( https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos ), and
Phobos devs will look it over and possibly merge it. But if it's larger stuff
(especially if it involves adding a new module), then it needs to go through
the official review process, where it's reviewed and voted on in the main
newsgroup  before it can be included in Phobos (std.uuid is going through that
process right now).

- Jonathan M Davis