Math Libraries (and vectors, matrices, etc)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Mar 13 13:03:50 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 08:25:49PM +0100, Chris Pons wrote:
> Does D have a math library that defines, points, vectors and
> matrices including the appropriate functions(addition, dot product,
> cross product, etc)?

I'd like to know too.

I have a medium-sized D project in the works, but right now I'm stuck at
deciding how best to represent matrices and vectors in a generic way. My
usage will be significantly different from game programming, though,
'cos I'll be dealing with arbitrary-dimensioned vectors and matrices,
not just your typical 2D/3D vector (or 4D homogenous).

But it'd be nice if both can be handled generically without crippling
performance losses in the 2D/3D case for game dev.

Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because
more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the
world. -- Carl B. Constantine