What is a good strategy for finding undefined symbols...

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat May 12 23:07:26 PDT 2012

On 5/13/2012 2:22 AM, WhatMeWorry wrote:
>> Looks like you are trying to link. Libraries are not linked they are
>> just compiled. Then object files are put together into library file.
>> Link produces *executable* (yeah I recall that was hard to get at first).
>>>

> Wait, isn't that the whole point of libraries, that they are
> pre-compiled? Linking just resolves their addresses?
>
> Anyway, I set the LIB environment variable to point to where my druntime
> and phobos libraries (with absolute paths even) like so:
>
> set LIB=C:\D\dmd2\src\druntime\lib;C:\D\dmd2\src\phobos
>
> but when I redo the link step,I am still seening the undefined symbols
> like in my original posting.
>
> I love programming, but I hate building. Is this what Andrei means by
> code for "being" as opposed to code for "doing:.

Linking happens when you build an executable. If you are building just
the libraries, there is no linking done at all. To compile DerelictGL,
you do not need to link anything.

It appears you are compiling Derelict 2, in which case the supplied
makefiles should do everything necessary to build the libraries:

make -fwin32.mak

Are you having difficulties with that?