Simplified socket creation and handling

Jarl André jarl.andre at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:35:55 PDT 2012

I am a Java developer who is tired of java.nio and similar
complex socket libraries.

In Java you got QuickServer, the ultimate protocol creation
centered socket library. You don't have to write any channels and
readers and what not. You just instantiate a server, configures
the handlers (fill in classes that extends a handler interface)
and there you go.

Shouldn't there exist a similar library in any programming
language? Not doing so is assuming that developers always need
control of the lower layers. Its not true. I care about protocol.
Not sockets.

Is there any abstraction layers in phobos? Or is everything just
as complex as before?