BitArray - Is there one?

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Sun May 27 00:04:35 PDT 2012

On 27-05-2012 08:58, Era Scarecrow wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 May 2012 at 06:53:33 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>> std.bitmanip.BitArray.
>
> And I was certain I checked std.bitmanip. Oh well, I'll throw my current
> unittests at it and perhaps improve what's already avaliable if it needs
> it.

It could definitely use some improvement. In particular:

* It still uses the deprecated operator overload methods, rather than
opBinary(Right) and opUnary.
* It's not quite const/immutable-friendly.
* It forces the GC on you. Probably not easy to solve until Andrei comes
up with an allocators design.
* Needs more pure and nothrow.
* Needs more @safe/@trusted.
* The init() methods are very unintuitive at first glance.
* Should probably deprecate the reverse and sort properties.

... if you want to have a poke at it. ;)

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org
http://lycus.org