BitArray - Is there one?

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 00:26:24 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 27 May 2012 at 07:04:36 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
wrote:
> It could definitely use some improvement. In particular:
>
> * It still uses the deprecated operator overload methods,
> rather than opBinary(Right) and opUnary.
> * It's not quite const/immutable-friendly.
> * It forces the GC on you. Probably not easy to solve until
> Andrei comes up with an allocators design.
> * Needs more pure and nothrow.
> * Needs more @safe/@trusted.
> * The init() methods are very unintuitive at first glance.
> * Should probably deprecate the reverse and sort properties.
>
> ... if you want to have a poke at it. ;)

Mmm probably the first change I'd do is

struct BitArray(INT = size_t)

  It should more precise size control letting you make larger than
2^32bits in an array. If there's an objection to this I'd need to
know before I began (Not that it changes any functionality).

  I'll go over it and see what I can do. Strange, as I'm looking
it over it looks remarkably similar to my incomplete one. Not
seeing any support for slices, I'll probably add that
functionality.