Exception caused by calling a pure function repeatedly

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed May 30 08:07:02 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 30 May 2012 at 13:47:32 UTC, ixid wrote:
> Thank you, that seems to fix it. I'd assumed that const
> arguments were optimized as ref any way for some reason so
> hadn't though to try that, hence my confusion about how more
> and more data was being created.

1) Time ago I have asked for -w/-wi to produce a warning when you
pass around a large value array. It's useful to avoid problems
like yours.
2) Some time ago DMD used to print "stack overflow", now it
doesn't. Such simple error message is quite useful (it's a
regression, in Bugzilla).

Bye,
bearophile