Derelict3: can't load a shared library

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:12:26 PDT 2012

On Friday, 2 November 2012 at 18:33:39 UTC, Andrey wrote:
> I know this isn't quite a right place for my problem, but you
> need to wait uncertain amount of time for registration on the
> official derelict forum, so I decided to start here.

Sorry. That's a problem with DSource. The maintainer hasn't been
around in a long while. I'll have to look into moving the
Derelict forums somewhere else, probably to my own server, when I
have a chance.

> import derelict.sfml2.window;
> import derelict.sfml2.system;
>
> import std.file;
>
> void main() {
>
>     version(Posix) {
>         string SFML2_window = "lib/libcsfml-window.so";
>     }
>
>     assert(SFML2_window.isFile);
>
>     DerelictSFML2Window.load(SFML2_window);
>
> }
>
> After running this program I surprisingly get:
>
> --Failed to load one or more shared libraries:
> 	lib/libcsfml-window.so - libsfml-window.so.2: cannot open
>
> Needless to say, I DO have this directory and file in proper
> place with other .so files from SFML library. But I'm new to
> deal with dynamic shared libs, so maybe I miss something.

Not sure what's going on here. In the error message, the part
before the '-' indicates that Derelict is attempting to load the
library name you told it to. But the part after the '-' is the
message reported by the system, and that indicates the system is
looking for a different file name (and, oddly, an SFML file
rather than CSFML). Is lib/libcsfml-window.so by chance a symlink?

My Linux box is not immediately available and I am swamped with
my new business, so I'm afraid I'll be rather useless in helping
you figure this out.