Manually freeing up memory

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Nov 8 07:18:14 PST 2012

On 11/08/2012 05:50 AM, Marco Leise wrote:
> Could it be that you still hold a reference to the raw memory
> in your data structures ? A slice would be a typical candidate:
> s.name = raw[a .. b];
> You probably checked that already...

I don't _think_ so, although there is a point where data is passed to another
struct something like this:

   foreach(link; raw.links)   // raw is struct, links is array
       data.add(link.expand); // each entry in links is a Tuple!(size_t, size_t)

where add() takes as input a pair of size_t's.  I assumed the values here would
be copied.  I've tried tweaking it to take out the link.expand and it makes no
difference.