revamped candydoc

Dan dbdavidson at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 07:36:33 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 11 October 2012 at 18:08:47 UTC, Aziz K. wrote:
> I'll be happy to help you compile DIL yourself. That way I can
> see where my assumptions are false and my instructions are
> lacking and make it work for different platforms and needs.
> I've been considering just copying Tango's files to my src
> folder, because it would make compiling much easier (or going
> the more difficult route and automatically download/build Tango
> from build.py.)
>
> Can you join me at #dil on freenode.net? Chatting will be much
> faster than e-mailing.

Thanks for all the answers/suggestions. Aziz helped me get set up
with dil and it is quite nice. Just for better understanding
though, I'd like to determine why candydoc is not working for me.
Either my command line/setup is wrong or others using this
successfully do not have package nesting. I think the problem is
for every module an html file is generated without the package
prefix in the name. This presents a problem in what is generated,
because links inside the html refer to the package qualified
name. For example:

tmp$ mkdir pkgouter
tmp$ mkdir pkgouter/pkg1
tmp$ mkdir pkgouter/pkg2
tmp$ echo "/** Mod foo */ module pkgouter.pkg1.foo;" >
pkgouter/pkg1/foo.d
tmp$ echo "/** Mod foo */ module pkgouter.pkg2.foo;" >
pkgouter/pkg2/foo.d
tmp$ git clone https://github.com/eldar/candydoc.git
Cloning into 'candydoc'...
remote: Counting objects: 145, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (145/145), 117.46 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (70/70), done.
tmp$ echo "MODULES=\$(MODULE pkgouter.pkg1.foo) \$(MODULE
pkgouter.pkg2.foo)">candydoc/modules.ddoc
tmp$ dmd -c -D  candydoc/candy.ddoc candydoc/modules.ddoc
pkgouter/pkg1/foo.d pkgouter/pkg2/foo.d
tmp$ ls
candydoc  foo.html  foo.o  pkgouter

Only foo.html was generated referencing pkgouter.pkg2.foo and
pkgouter.pkg2.foo. So, if I could get the dmd to output the html
filename as the package qualified name I think it would just work.

Thanks
Dan