revamped candydoc

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Oct 13 03:19:05 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-12 16:55, Aziz K. wrote:

> That was a good read, but unfortunately it deterred me from using
> submodules. Sounds like too much trouble for me. It's not worth the
> hassle if it requires that much care and attention. Only git can get
> away with such atrocious usability issues. lol

Ok, I actually never read that, I probably should have. git submodules
are not hard to use it's not harder than any other feature of git.

What you need to do is the following:

$ cd dil
$ git submodule add git://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2.git
$ git commit -a -m "Add Tango-D2 as a submodule"

Then when cloning dil use the following command:

$ git clone --recursive git://path.to/dil/repository.git

If you want to update to a the latest version of Tango do:

$ cd dil/Tango-D2
$ git pull
$ cd ..
$ git commit -a -m "Update to latest version Tango-D2"

When another user needs to update his/her clone of dil, this is the
command to run:

$ git pull
$ git submodule update --init --recursive

It's fairly simple, not that many extra commands to run.

--
/Jacob Carlborg