installation and configuration of vibe

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Oct 25 04:15:37 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-25 12:20, Tyro[17] wrote:

> How the most obvious things elude us. I recently switched from placing
> "alias dmd=/usr/share/dmd/osx/bin/dmd" .bash_profile (which has worked
> perfectly for me since I bought my MAC) to placing the symlinks in
> /usr/bin/. Typing DMD and RDMD at the terminal window and seeing help
> and usage information for both programs display properly, I assumed that
> they work. But since moving from the command line interface to Alexander
> Bothe's awesome Mono-D ide a little while back, I haven't compiled
> anything at the command line so hadn't realized that it wasn't working.
>
> Long story short, it does not compile...
> I wasn't expecting to anything else since the simple one liner placed in
> .bash_profile took care of the issue. What am I missing?

You may need to create a symlink for the dmd.conf file as well, it's
located next to the dmd binary. Double check that the dmd.conf file
looks correct, when it's located in the zip it expects the src directory
to be two levels up.

Alternative you can try out DVM:

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

"DVM allows you to easily download and install D compilers and manage
different versions of the compilers."

--
/Jacob Carlborg