GDC build [was: Re: Sort order of dirEntries]

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Oct 25 17:50:08 PDT 2012

On 10/26/2012 02:16 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Another thing I can think of is, you may need to run 'apt-get build-dep
> gcc-4.7.2' to install any -dev packages required by the build. That
> could be what's wrong. Maybe.

Oh, good thought.

Well, I did that, and went with the following configure statement:

../gcc-4.7-4.7.2/src/configure --enable-languages=d --disable-multilib
--disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libquadmath
--disable-libquadmath-support --enable-checking=release

... as I realized I'd left off the --enable-checking flag in previous builds.

It now falls over in a different place again with the error:

../../gcc-4.7-4.7.2/src/gcc/graphite.c:50:19: fatal error: ppl_c.h: No such file
or directory

> The patches are in debian/patches/*. There's quite a lot of them; I
> didn't even bother looking through them. I wonder, though, if the Ubuntu
> sources don't have the multiarch patch? Try the upstream Debian package
> and see if that helps.

The following are present: gcc-multiarch.diff, gcc-multiarch-linaro.diff,
gcc-multilib64-multiarch.diff, libjava-multiarch.diff, gcc-multiarch-doc.diff,
gcc-multiarch-trunk.diff, gcc-multilib64-multiarch-trunk.diff

> :-( Well, try apt-get build-dep gcc-4.7.2 and maybe fetch the source
> package from ftp.debian.org, and see if that helps. Beyond that, I'm
> afraid I don't know much else. GCC build scripts are black magic to me,
> of the blackest kind.

I'll give the Debian sources a go some time next week, maybe ...