How to "extend" built-in types

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Oct 26 08:54:49 PDT 2012

On Friday, October 26, 2012 15:55:34 simendsjo wrote:
> So.. What do I need to implement for a struct to be a valid
> built-in type?
> All valid properties (min, max etc) and operators for that type?

So, you want stuff like isFloatingPoint and isNumeric to return true for a
user-defined struct? That pretty much defeats their purpose if that happens.
They're checking for exact matches, not implicit conversions, and a function
intended to work explicitly with float isn't necessarily going to work with
your struct, so it needs isFloatingPoint to be false for something that isn't
truly a built-in floating point type.

- Jonathan M Davis