Can't install DMD 2.060 on OS X 10.6.8

Elias Zamaria mikez302 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 22:49:34 PDT 2012

I am planning to try D for the first time in my life. I have a
MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

I went on the D downloads page and clicked on the link for the
dmd 2.060 installer for OS X. I opened it and double clicked on
the "DMD2.pkg" file within it. The installer came up with some
text including a line that read "This package is intended for Mac
OS X Leopard (10.5) only.". I tried to find a version for OS X
10.6 but I couldn't, so I ignored the warning and clicked
"Continue".

I clicked through the agreements and questions, and then when it
finished, the installer gave this message:

> The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error
> that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software
> manufacturer for assistance.

Why did this happen? What am I supposed to do about it?