Can't install DMD 2.060 on OS X 10.6.8

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 16 23:19:14 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-17 07:49, Elias Zamaria wrote:
> I am planning to try D for the first time in my life. I have a MacBook
> Pro running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
>
> I went on the D downloads page and clicked on the link for the dmd 2.060
> installer for OS X. I opened it and double clicked on the "DMD2.pkg"
> file within it. The installer came up with some text including a line
> that read "This package is intended for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) only.".
> I tried to find a version for OS X 10.6 but I couldn't, so I ignored the
> warning and clicked "Continue".

It's supposed to work even if it says "This package is intended for Mac
OS X Leopard (10.5) only.".

> I clicked through the agreements and questions, and then when it
> finished, the installer gave this message:
>
>> The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that
>> caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for
>> assistance.
>
> Why did this happen? What am I supposed to do about it?

Hmm, can you check the Console and see if it says anything about the
installation.

Instead of this installer I would recommend installing DMD using DVM:

"DVM allows you to easily download and install D compilers and manage
different versions of the compilers."

It's also cross-platform.

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

--