Which option is faster...

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Mon Aug 5 08:27:08 PDT 2013

Am 05.08.2013 17:18, schrieb jicman:

> It is a tool that was a script, but I have turned it into do,
> which now has taken two hours from the last jscript script.  I
> have not benchmarked it, yet.  I may.  But I see that a great
> idea has been provided, which I will use.  Thanks for the help.

 > have not benchmarked it, yet.  I may.

so its totaly unclear if the presented code is your 2h monster, what was
the runtime of your jscript?

 > But I see that a great idea has been provided

using a local variable for not lowercasing on each if is not an great
idea it is default programming style

and i don't think you're be able to implement the tree statemachine
when doing such simple performance killer like multiple lowercase calls,
and try to help youselfe by introducing "continue"...