Compiling DMD/Phobos on OSX (vs linux)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 12 01:33:24 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-12 09:33, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Thanks, I was indeed able to compile DMD/phobos on the system (after a
> loooong and surprisingly non-trivial download and install process for
> xcode/gcc).

Oh, really? I guess I forgot to mention that you need to install the
command line tools as well.

> There did appear to be an issue with the tools repo, as I got errors
> about "dustmite" being a directory instead of a file, which kinda
> surprised me b/c I thought OSX was case-sensitive? (The tools repo
> *does* have the dustmite sources in a subdirectory named "DustMite".)

No, HFS+, the filesystem on Mac OS X, is by default _not_
case-sensitive. I have hit one or two issues with this but in general
it's not a problem. If you want, it's possible to choose case-sensitive,
but that would most likely require you to reinstall the system.

--
/Jacob Carlborg