Dub and GtkD

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Dec 21 14:18:03 PST 2013

On 2013-12-21 15:51, Russel Winder wrote:
> I just created a new vibe.d project using dub, all fine. Well once I had
> solved the libevent problem. Then, as the project is to be a GUI client,
> I added a gtk-d dependency.  I tried building the empty project and the
> binary comes out at 42MB. Not only that there are two copies of it one
> in . and one in ./.dub/build. I was gobsmacked, this isn't Go, there
> should be dynamic linking by default.  Is this something I have missed?
>
> There ought to be a clean target for dub as well as a build and run
> target for dub, or have I missed something?

I don't know if this is the issue in this case but Dub build everything
at once. The correct solution in this case would be to build GtkD
separate from the application. This is planed in a future release of
Dub, hopefully the next release.

Have a look at this thread:
http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/thread/652/

--