GtkD - how to install

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 05:38:24 PST 2013

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 13:29:04 UTC, Amateur wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm beginning with programming on desktop. After choosing which
> language is "da best" for me, I chose D. And now I want to
> create
> GUI applications, so I tried installing GtkD and I failed. Can
> anybody give me a short manual?
>
> I'd like to code on linux (openSUSE 13.1), but if I'll get help
> on Windows, I'll be happy too.
>
> Thank you

I would recommend using dub. Either download a release from
http://code.dlang.org/download or clone the github repo
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub and build with build.sh

then you can list gtkd as a dependency for your project and dub
will sort it out for you (hopefully).

You will need to install the latest gtk+ libs first with yast or
zipper or whatever you use for package management.