GtkD - how to install

Amateur repakolius at centrum.cz
Sun Dec 22 06:15:59 PST 2013

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 13:38:25 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 13:29:04 UTC, Amateur wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm beginning with programming on desktop. After choosing which
>> language is "da best" for me, I chose D. And now I want to
>> create
>> GUI applications, so I tried installing GtkD and I failed. Can
>> anybody give me a short manual?
>>
>> I'd like to code on linux (openSUSE 13.1), but if I'll get help
>> on Windows, I'll be happy too.
>>
>> Thank you
>
> I would recommend using dub. Either download a release from
> http://code.dlang.org/download or clone the github repo
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub and build with build.sh
>
> then you can list gtkd as a dependency for your project and dub
> will sort it out for you (hopefully).
>

> You will need to install the latest gtk+ libs first with yast
> or zipper or whatever you use for package management.

Yeah, I installed dub and ran commands "dub init main" and "dub
fetch --local gtk-d". It worked properly, but how to continue? I
tried compile simple app which contains only "import
gtk.MainWindow;" and compiler yells that source for this cannot
be found.

What have I to do next?
I have installed Gtk+ libraries, dmd, dub and I ran too commands
"dub init main" and "dub fetch --local gtk-d".