Linker errors and how to catch them

jerro a at a.com
Mon Feb 18 08:12:36 PST 2013

On Monday, 18 February 2013 at 12:55:13 UTC, Lubos Pintes wrote:
> Hi,
> I just updated to DMD 2.062. I then tried to recompile somewhat
> bigger project. After fixing some errors, I received dozens of
> errors like this:
> Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3std6string6formatFYAya
> (immutable(char)[] std.string.format(, ...))
> I didn't see them when compiled with DMD 2.060. I am using
> VisualD and I tried the "Rebuild solution" command to be sure
> everything is recompiled.

You have some object file or a library that was built using dmd
2.060 or earlier and uses std.format. Maybe you are using some D
library that was built separately (not as a part of your
project)? If so, you need to rebuild that library with dmd 2.062.
If that is not the case, this sounds like a bug in VisualD to me.