Reading Standard Input

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 28 08:00:07 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 02:49:59PM +0100, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 13:39:22 UTC, Kenneth Sills wrote:
> >I found that consoleD is more about text, and less about treating
> >the console like an I/O.
>
> I think that's a failure of documentation... taking a quick look at
> termbox-go, the terminal.d we have in there seems to fill the same
> bill.
[...]

Being a user of terminal.d, I have to say that it's very much about
treating the console as I/O. The documentation could do with a
face-lift, though. I did add some stuff to it, but probably not quite
enough yet.

But in any case, having competing libraries isn't necessarily a bad
thing. Competition forces you to improve the code in more ways than you
would have. :-P

Amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic.