Building from source for ubuntu

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 7 04:26:06 PDT 2013

On Sunday, July 07, 2013 13:17:31 monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 July 2013 at 10:57:08 UTC, David wrote:
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/precise/libcurl-dev
> > Should do it, on Ubuntu/Debian you always need the "-dev" or
> > "-devel"
> > packages if you want to link against something or use the
> > header files
>
> Most awesome. Got it to work installing "libcurl-dev".
>
> I wasted about 30 minutes after trying every flavor of
> "curllib-[dev|devel]", then typoing the work "instal" without
> reading the exact error message :D
>
> In any case, I got it to work. I'll update the wiki to be a bit
> more hand-holding in respect to a few things.

I would have suggested searching the list of packages for anything containing
curl, in which case, it should have been easy enough to figure out which one
you needed. I'm sure that Ubuntu has a command for searching the list of
packages rather than having to try and guess what a package is called.

- Jonathan M Davis