Building from source for ubuntu

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:40:57 PDT 2013

More questions related to running on ubuntu. I'd like to have
side by side installs of dmd. Eg 2.060, 2.061 ...

I installed using the downloadable packages.

dmd and rdmd are in /usr/bin
druntime and phobos are in dmd, which is in /usr/include

Currently, I have 2.063 installed, and would like to install
2.063.2 alongside. Is there a procedure for this?

I was thinking of moving the "dmd" dir into a versioned subdir,
move dmd and rdmd into some other subdir too. Then, I'd have to
write a corresponding dmd.conf for each.

Or... is there something easier?