Building from source for ubuntu

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jul 10 13:19:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 09:40:57PM +0200, monarch_dodra wrote:
> More questions related to running on ubuntu. I'd like to have side
> by side installs of dmd. Eg 2.060, 2.061 ...
>
> I installed using the downloadable packages.
>
> dmd and rdmd are in /usr/bin
> druntime and phobos are in dmd, which is in /usr/include
>
> Currently, I have 2.063 installed, and would like to install 2.063.2
> alongside. Is there a procedure for this?
>
> I was thinking of moving the "dmd" dir into a versioned subdir, move
> dmd and rdmd into some other subdir too. Then, I'd have to write a
> corresponding dmd.conf for each.
[...]

How do you coax different versions of dmd to pick up a different
dmd.conf file? The last time I tried it, all of them insisted on reading
/etc/dmd.conf, which, of course, only actually works for one.

"640K ought to be enough" -- Bill G., 1984. "The Internet is not a primary goal for PC usage" -- Bill G., 1995. "Linux has no impact on Microsoft's strategy" -- Bill G., 1999.