Lexer in D

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 3 06:28:49 PST 2013

> I'd repeat that I think it makes no sense to separately treat
> isType. In any case there is way more to types then built-in
> ones and is the job of parser (to assume types) and semantic
> step (to type-check and infer).
Yes I've understood, but currently I want it so.

> Another thing is to run -profile without inline to understand
> the structure of time spent per each subroutine better.
I did this and I refactored a lot of my code.
Now I get 170 - 180 msecs and this is my current trace.log:
http://dpaste.1azy.net/b94b19ff

But currently I have no more ideas how I could gain more
performance.
Maybe I should disable the compiler while looping through the
text?
Or maybe I should allocate more space for the Token array (e.g.
toks.length = 100;)?
I hope that you or anyone other have further ideas.
But anyway, thanks for the help! :)