wxD - dead or alive?

Matthew Caron matt at mattcaron.net
Wed Mar 6 17:11:35 PST 2013

On 03/05/2013 08:18 AM, Matthew Caron wrote:
> On 03/04/2013 11:24 AM, SaltySugar wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been using it. What makes you think that it's dead?
>>
>> Because It's latest release was at 2011-08-26
>
> In all fairness, I haven't been using it *recently*. Apparently, I am
> suffering from a time dilation, perhaps because my wife watches too much
> Doctor Who. Anyway, the last time I built the aforementioned project was
> Sept of 2011 and, while the extant binaries still build, the wxd I was
> using (0.15) does not compile with a more modern gdc. I have not tried
> the newer 0.16 to see if that works.

So, I've fixed the compilation errors and pushed a fork to:

git://github.com/mattcaron/wxd.git

(Web page is: https://github.com/mattcaron/wxd)

Now, that said, it's not perfect. My test program crashes during garbage
collection after you close it, and I don't believe that it used to.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little
they really know about what they imagine they can design."
  - Friedrich von Hayek
PGP Key: http://www.mattcaron.net/pgp_key.txt
 ~~ Matt Caron ~~