What do you use to generate documentation?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Mar 13 08:47:03 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:59:52 Andrea Fontana wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 March 2013 at 10:11:51 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> > You can redefine the DDOC macro to use a stylesheet. Add your
> > base ddoc file on the command line with redefined and
> > additional macros.
>
> Is phobos doc based on some .ddoc file then? I see there's a
> number of .ddoc file in github d-programming-language repository
> but downloading them and adding to command line does nothing. Doc
> appears still without style...

What ddoc gives you out of the box works, but it _is_ a bit ugly as far as
styling goes. To match what dlang.org has, you'd need to grab std.ddoc from
the d-programming-language.org repo on github along with the css directory and
images directories, and the css and images directories would need to be
alongside the generated html. std.ddoc handles the various macros used by
Phobos and sets up the styling, and then the generated html pages reference
the css and image files (so without them, you don't get the full styling).

- Jonathan M Davis