D is totally useless

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Wed May 1 04:31:49 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 1 May 2013 at 08:42:40 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
> I'm new in D, so i'm tried to write some in that langugage.
> That's story about how i tried to port OGL sample, that renders
> one triangle.
>
> I was very surprised when i found, that D doesn't have
> equivalent of gl/gl.h. Any C++ compiler has it.
>
> Okay, i'm investigate in it and found OpenGL in deimos.
> It doesn't support a lot of OGL function such as glPushMatrix
> and others.
>
> Okay, then i found derelict3. It has a lot of OGl functions and
> it's okay.
> When i tried to rewrite example to D, i was shocked.
>
> core.sys.windows.windows doesn't have a lot of functions. It
> doesn't contain simple function DestroyWindow for example.
> It's intresting, but go ahead, i found derelict.util.wintypes
> with missing functions. I've got a lot of "conflicts with"
> errors, because some of functions was in derelict's wintypes
> too. I've solved it. When i tried to link my program, i've got
> a lot of "undefined reference" errors. Okay, i've built and
> link derelict libraries. Then errors became stranger:
> DerelictUtil.lib(traits)  Offset 204C4H Record Type 0091
>  Error 1: Previous Definition Different : _D67
> DMD\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\traits.d.17012__ModuleInfoZ
>
> So i can't to rewrite simple OpenGL example that consists of 50
> lines.
> This example works on every C++ compiler without
> building/finding any libraries.
>
> Dlang's standard windows.h heade is useless, because a lot of
> functions/structs definitions is missing.
>
> Dlang is a toy in outer space.
> One can only to write a+b program in schools on it.
>
> Now i'm understand, that's why D doesn't have popularity after
> 10+ years of existence.

You've posted this to D.learn, yet you don't seem to be asking
for help. You merely appear to have come here to tell us how
rubbish we are.

It's quite possible that there is a very easy solution to your
current problem, however I'm not a windows man myself, so
unfortunately I'm unlikely to be of much help.

However, I will say this: If something is genuinely missing that
you need, just ask for it to be included. Or, you could add it
yourself and create a pull request for it. At a brief glance it
looks fairly trivial to add new functions to
core.sys.windows.windows (which btw you can import as
std.c.windows).