Started to get 'Previous Definition Different' linking errors when compiling in debug mode

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:59:38 PDT 2013

On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 13:07:06 UTC, MrSmith wrote:
> On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 12:42:50 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> do you have referenced projects in xamarin? if so, any time
>> you change something in one of such projects you need to
>> rebuild whole solution, that one of many reasons why i don't
>> use xamarin/mono-d
>
> Yes, i have. This moment has started to annoy me. I think
> MonoDevelop has this feature, isn't it? Maybe i should use
> Visual-D.
> But this is not important at this moment.
> Maybe it is a compiler bug? When i will have enough time, i
> will try to distinguish the code which causes the problem into
> some small piece of code.

this is maybe caused by wrong linker usage, after all mono-d is
primarily developed for linux?

oh i see you also use -gc, in some cases it can add PITA. simple
example is ctfe enums. try compile without -gc and -g, if this
would work then it's really linker or compiler bug.

monodevelop/xamarin is the same crap just after rebranding, it
should have working project references at least for C++/C# since
it mimics visual studio behavior, and i can confirm that in
visual-d reference projects works fine, and you also has a
debugger unlike mono-d O_-

the only disappointing fact is that mono-d has the best code
completion so far :(
but really for my projects size this is not a big issue.