and/or/not/xor operators

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu May 30 09:48:33 PDT 2013

Shriramana Sharma:

> Hello. I have always loved the readability of C++'s
> and/or/not/xor
> word-like logical operators but It doesn't seem to be available
> in D.

and/or/not are less visually noisy, they look better than the
ugly &&/||/! of C/C++/D, and it's much less easy to write & when
you need && or vice versa, so they are also less bug-prone, as
Python shows. On this Python syntax got it better than D.

But Walter refused them time ago on the basis that no one uses
them in C++. So you can ask for them in the main D newsgroup, but
I don't think you will see them in D...

Bye,
bearophile