and/or/not/xor operators

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu May 30 18:41:14 PDT 2013

Thanks to all who replied.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:

> But Walter refused them time ago on the basis that no one uses them in C++.
> So you can ask for them in the main D newsgroup, but I don't think you will
> see them in D...

Um why really? "No one uses them in C++"? How come? I agree that
Walter has succesfully produced/marketed a C++ compiler for a long
time, but really, "no one uses"?!!! I use, for one. And it does
tremendously increase the readability of a program. Otherwise why
would there be a separate C header ever since 1990 for that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iso646.h

I agree that we should retain the old operators for C compatibility
but really at least the basic and/or/not/xor keywords should be
provided.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा