Compiling an app to a single binary - possible?

Jacek Furmankiewicz jacek99 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:27:44 PST 2013

One of the nice features of Go is that when you compile an app,
it pulls in ALL the dependencies (i.e. the full SDK + all
libraries your app depends on) and generates a single binary
(around 2 MB for a Hello World app).

This is extremely useful for deployment purposes, since it is so
straightforward to just copy the app to multiple servers without
having to worry if every one of them has all the required
dependencies installed / updated, etc.

Does D offer something similar (maybe via some dmd switches)?

For example, If I am creating a vibe.d app, would I need to
deploy the vibe.d libraries separately with my app on all the
servers in production?

Thanks
Jacek