Compiling an app to a single binary - possible?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:31:19 PST 2013

On Friday, 15 November 2013 at 15:27:45 UTC, Jacek Furmankiewicz
wrote:
> One of the nice features of Go is that when you compile an app,
> it pulls in ALL the dependencies (i.e. the full SDK + all
> libraries your app depends on) and generates a single binary
> (around 2 MB for a Hello World app).

This is the default in D. The main trouble comes when you use
outside C libraries (gtk, sdl, curl, etc.), which might need to
be installed, and I don't think they can easily be bundled in a
single binary, but D apps and libs generally are all statically
linked.

I don't know for sure about vibe.d specifically though.