What is the closest to ConcurrentHashMap and NavigableMap in Java?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Nov 15 10:44:10 PST 2013

On Friday, 15 November 2013 at 17:46:41 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> If D programmers are being told to use locks in applications
> code, then
> the D programming model and library are failing. Or the advice
> is
> wrong ;-)

I don't really buy it. It is good from simplicity/safety point of
view (just use library stuff and your code is thread-safe) but
not performance. Back in C++ days we have almost always resorted
to writing own concurrent data structures to abuse domain
specifics and application architecture as much as possible and
thus minimize actual concurrent locking frequency. And most of
those solutions were completely unsuitable as generic ones.