DStep

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 21:37:17 PST 2013

On Saturday, 23 November 2013 at 20:16:32 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-11-22 15:35, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
>> I am trying to use DStep on OpenSuse 12.3.  I downloaded one of
>> the binaries (it was for Debian, so I guess that is my
>> problem),
>> and when I run DStep I get the following error:
>>
>> craigkris at linux-s9qf:~/code/DShape/D> dstep shapefil.h
>> File(850DF8, "")/usr/include/stdio.h:33:11: fatal error:
>> 'stddef.h' file not found
>
> Unfortunately this is a known issue. What I did is was to place
> stddef.h and stdarg.h (shipped with Clang) into /use/include.
> Please see the readme for more info.

Thanks.  That is how I started out trying to fix it (Well, I used
symlinks rather than copy the files, but basically the same).  I
got it to stop complaining about stddef.h and stdarg.h, but at
the third header (can't recall something obscure though) I gave
up because I figured I was going to be adding symlinks to half
the headers on my system! Thats when I decided to try compiling
from scratch.

Is this issue supposed to be fixed with new versions of clang?

> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep#libclang
>
>>> build.sh
>> dstep/driver/Application.d(13): Error: module Application is in
>> file 'dstack/application/Application.d' which cannot be read
>
> Did you clone the submodules? Run:
>
> $ git clone --recursive git at github.com:jacob-carlborg/dstep.git

No I hadn't tried that.  I will give it a shot.

I am actually not urgently in need of DStep for my current
project anymore, since my hand-written bindings seem to be doing
the trick.  However, as this was my first bind D to C attempt, I
wanted to run DStep and see how close my bindings come to its
output.

Once I have my small initial project working though I am hoping
to write bindings to a much larger library, and DStep would
certainly come in handy there :o)

Cheers,
Craig